Tuesday 31 October 2017

Home Decoration in Crochet - a book review

It seems to be book review season here at the moment

And I'm not complaining, I'm really not - this particular one is a corker!


It's written by Tanya Eberhardt, a fellow crochet designer, who I've known for ages through her blog, Little Things Blogged and her Instagram account, Ltblogged.

It's a book packed to the brim with 25 colourful designs to brighten your home - everything you could imagine, from beautiful blankets to these adorable jar cosies *adds to ever-growing future projects list*


This is another of the projects which caught my eye - a vintage-inspired cushion cover.


And this stool cover is such a fun make, too.


But I've always been a storage girl at heart and I loved the simplicity and stitch definition of these sweet little baskets.
I had some cute little balls of yarn I'd picked up at Yarndale (for a bargainous 50p each) and thought they'd be the perfect match.


And they are!
The pattern was well written and very easy to follow and it even had a chart, too. I love the way this has turned out and am planning to make the other two sizes, too.


(I've just realised that I actually did not complete as many rows as Tanya's pattern states - that's what I get for crocheting late at night!) but I'm still just as pleased. I might make the taller version next.


I've really enjoying looking through Tanya's book - there are projects in here to suit everyone, from a complete newbie to an experienced pro and there's even a tunisian crochet project included. 
The patterns are written in US terms throughout and all have them feature a chart. At the back of the book there is a brief section containing descriptions of the stitches and techniques you'll need to know.


If you'd like to purchase Home Decoration In Crochet by Tanya Eberhardt, then it's available here.

Enjoy!
Sarah

Disclaimer: I was provided a copy of Home Decoration in Crochet for free. However, the opinions I’ve posted are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx